A simple way to invest a lump sum for the years ahead
Our new With-Profits Bond allows you to invest a lump sum in our with-profits fund. The fund aims to increase the value of your investment over the medium to long term through the addition of bonuses which may be paid depending on the performance of our with-profits fund.
Why take out a With-Profits Bond?
It's an easy way to invest for the future and any UK resident who is over the age of 16 can buy one.
You can take out a single or joint life policy. You may also buy one for a child or grandchild under the age of 16.
About our With-Profits Bond
The minimum investment you can make is £2,500 per policy. The maximum investment is £250,000 per policyholder. The With-Profits Bond is a medium to long term investment which means it should be kept for five years or longer.
At the outset we will enhance any money invested by 5%, so for a £2,500 policy we will add £125 to your investment. The policy also comes with a death benefit which pays out a minimum lump sum of 101% of the original investment, adjusted for any withdrawals made.
Deductions will be applied to certain withdrawals.
Where is your money invested?
Your money is combined with money from other investors and is invested in our with-profits fund in a mix of company shares, property and fixed interest gilts and bonds. This diverse portfolio helps to spread the risks and reduce the impact on the fund should any category of investment underperform.
The With-Profits Bond might be suitable for someone who:
- Wishes to invest a lump sum of money for at least five years;
- Would like to invest in a stocks and shares related investment but is not prepared to take the risk of investing directly into the stock market, and accepts the risks of investing in a with-profits fund that invests in equities, commercial property, and fixed interest securities (government and corporate bonds);
- Wants the option to make withdrawals and is familiar with the tax treatment for withdrawals from the policy and the deductions which will be applied.
The With-Profits Bond might not be suitable for someone who:
- Does not want to invest a lump sum of money for at least five years;
- Wants an investment which has no risk to the capital or potential for growth;
- Is unfamiliar with the tax treatment for withdrawals from the policy and the deductions which will be applied.
Find out more
Please ensure that you read the Key Features document which contains important information to help you decide if this policy is right for you. It is available in our information pack:
To read or print a PDF file, you must have the Adobe Acrobat® Reader installed: Download Adobe Acrobat
If you decide the policy is right for you, you can apply online here:
Alternatively you can print, complete and return a paper application form by clicking here.
If you prefer, you can also apply over the phone or request an application pack to be sent by post or email by contacting us.