This policy could help those who need a sum of money after your death. Leaving behind a lump sum could make a big difference to your loved ones by:
Guaranteed Life Assurance
The policy offers life cover that anyone between the ages of 50-80 years old and resident in the UK can take out. There are no intrusive medicals or awkward health questions – acceptance is guaranteed.
It is a ‘whole of life’ policy which pays out a cash lump sum when you die providing you’ve had the policy for at least two years.
If you die following an accident during the first two years of your policy and death is within 90 days of the accident as a result of your injuries, we will pay out the cash lump sum. Please see the Policy Summary for full details.
If you die within the first two years not following an accident, we will pay back 150% of the premiums you have paid to date.
Premiums range from £20 per month to £100 per month and we have a wide range of cover levels.
- Choice of monthly premiums - ranging from £20 per month, up to £100 per month;
- Choice of cash lump sum - depending on the amount you wish to leave behind and the monthly premiums you want to pay:
- Guaranteed acceptance - no medical questions so if you are a UK resident aged between 50-80 years old, you are guaranteed to be accepted;
- Accidental death - If you die following an accident during the first two years of your policy and death is within 90 days of the accident as a result of your injuries, we will pay out the cash lump sum. Please see the Policy Summary for full details;
- Non-accidental death - we will pay a cash lump sum on your death once you’ve had the policy for at least two years. If you die within the first two years other than the result of an accident, we will pay back 150% of the premiums you have paid to date;
- Beneficiary options - you can nominate a beneficiary (or beneficiaries) to receive up to £5,000 upon death, or the policy can be placed in trust;
- Excellent customer service - a sympathetic approach from our helpful staff;
- Simple claims process - your claimant will complete and return a form to us together with any additional information we need. Once approved, we will pay the cash lump sum without further ado.
Important Information: Any rise in inflation will mean your cash lump sum will have less buying power in the future. You could pay more in premiums than the value of your cash lump sum. If you cancel your policy you will not receive a cash lump sum.
Helping pay towards your funeral costs
The average cost of a funeral in the UK has risen from £2,390 to £4,078 in the past ten years – a rise of 70.6%.*
Helping to pay off outstanding bills or credit cards
A survey carried out by comparethemarket.com in 2017 found that the average person in the UK owes £8,000 – on top of any mortgage debt.**
Leaving a cash legacy
You can specify how much of the policy’s proceeds you would like to go to a specific person, e.g. family member(s), by using our form of nomination.
*Source: Sun Life Cost of Dying Report 2017
**Source: comparethemarket.com UK Debt Survey 2017