National Friendly’s Top 5 Healthy Winter Warmers
With winter drawing ever closer, here at National Friendly we’ve decided to compile some delicious yet healthy recipes that you can enjoy over the coming months.
- First up is something so simple yet warming, sausage & mash accompanied with onion gravy.
This is definitely something that is going to warm you up after a cold winters day whilst not proving too difficult to knock up. Follow this link for the full recipe: https://www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/home/recipes/recipe_directory/s/sausages-mash-withoniongravy.html
- Next up, nothing is more wintery than a tasty bowl of soup. How about sweet potato & butternut squash? Excellent for vegetarians too!
This is what we would call the perfect starter whilst hosting your guests in those cold winter months. How about a side of lemon & garlic toast to go with… Follow this link for the full recipe: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/sweet-potato-butternut-squash-soup-lemon-garlic-toast
- It wouldn’t be winter without a rich beef casserole! Whilst warming and practical when catering for large numbers, sometimes you just can’t beat a casserole after a long winter walk.
Good housekeeping offer an interesting take on this classic meal here: http://www.goodhousekeeping.co.uk/food/recipes/bistro-beef-in-beer
- A delicious vegetable curry can be the not-so-heavy lunch or healthy supper you deserve in the depths of winter. A curry can be put together in no time at all making itself a go to choice for those dark evenings.
Follow this link for an amazing looking vegan curry: http://ohsheglows.com/2017/07/21/8-minute-pantry-dal-two-ways/
- …And now for some desserts! What’s a meal without something sweet to finish it off? Winter is the perfect time to get baking and preparing a selection of fancy puddings whether that be a tasty tart, a chocolatey mouse or a vibrant fruit salad.
If you are feeling creative this winter and are craving something sweet, look no further than the Great British Chef’s website for a selection a little out of the ordinary: http://www.greatbritishchefs.com/collections/winter-desserts
We really hope you’ve enjoyed our top 5 healthy winter warmer recipes and are looking forward to putting them to the test because we definitely are!