Voting closed on
Friday 12th July 2019.
National Friendly’s 2019 Annual General Meeting (‘AGM’) was held on Thursday 18th July at 2pm at the Hallam Conference Centre, 44 Hallam Street, London W1W 6JJ.
The AGM is an opportunity for our members to meet the National Friendly Board, ask any questions they may have and to vote in person. Invitations and voting forms were posted to members who are eligible to vote in the AGM.
This year four Directors stood for re-election by members and details of the Directors can be found on our Corporate Governance page. All have demonstrated commitment to their role and add valuable skills, expertise and competencies to the Board as a whole. The below resolutions were voted on and all resolutions passed.
- To receive:
- the Annual Accounts;
- the Board’s Report; and
- the Auditor’s Report for the year ended 31 December 2018. These form part of the Annual Report and Financial Statements.
- To approve the Directors’ Remuneration Report for the year ended 31 December 2018. This also forms part of the Annual Report and Financial Statements.
- To re-appoint Ernst & Young LLP as Society Auditors.
- To re-elect Tracy Morshead as a Non-Executive Director for a term of 1 year.
- To re-elect Peter McIlwraith as a Non-Executive Director for a term of 1 year.
- To re-elect Mark Jackson as a Non-Executive Director for a term of 1 year.
- To re-elect Geoff Brown as a Non-Executive Director for a term of 1 year.
Members who were eligible to vote in the AGM have received printed versions of the Performance Summary 2018 with their Proxy Voting Form. If you wish to view a PDF of this and/or the full Annual Report and Financial Statements, please click the links below.